Friday, December 13, 2013

15 year old girl rescued from traffickers

A St. Paul couple was charged in trafficking case with 15-year-old girl this week after the girl sent an email: “These pictures was taking of me and posted on backpage the people that posted them have been making me sleep with the guys that called im only 15 years old …. Please help….” The couple was charged after the girl told police that the pair made her have sex with up to 20 men a day.

15 year old? Do you remember being 15? I was just getting used to high school, playing volleyball, going to dances, learning to drive, starting to date, loving Christmas and holidays with my family....and being safe and sound at home.
This girl is just one. There are others kids like her out there tonight right here and all over Minnesota that need help. And other kids at risk because they don't have simple things like a safe place to live, food, a family.

But there is so much hope. This is a human-made problem that can be solved.

If each one of us individually does something - no matter how small - This dark part of our neighborhoods and world will begin to change.
I'll be posting just some of those things in the weeks to come.

In the spirit of the Hero in HeroSearch.org (and nod to Hobbit 2 out today), a quote:
(Saruman) believes it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.
I agree with Gandalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment